Monday, December 20, 2010

First post and first Christmas stocking!

I think this blog will mainly be about quilts and other sewing projects so it seems appropriate to start off with my first Christmas stocking.  My daughter and I joined the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild when it started in September.  At our monthly meetings we usually have a challenge project.  The November project was to create something with this paper pieced Christmas tree Christmas-Tree_Paper-Pieced.pdf
I decided to make a Christmas stocking.  The fabrics are some flannels I had left over from a quilt I started two years ago (maybe I'll finish it this year).  I used my daughter's stocking as a template and then did some stippling with a variegated red, green and white thread.  Now it's hanging on the fireplace waiting for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment